-Written by Taylor Hawley
Labor Day is right around the corner, for students all across the country that means it’s almost time to head back to school. Whether this is the first or the last year, starting school can be an exciting, but also daunting time for students.
Here are some tips to help get anyone get back in the groove of school!
- Get into a routine – Most typical summer sleep schedules involve staying up late and sleeping in. It can be difficult getting into a routine sleep schedule for school right after a summer full of late nights. Try acclimating to the new sleep schedule by going to bed and waking up earlier a week in advance to make that first day a little bit easier.
- Pack the night before – To ensure the first day isn’t starting off on the wrong foot, pack your bags the night before. Whether you need a backpack or a lunch box, having these things prepared before the first day will make the morning run smoothly. This will also eliminate any possibility of forgetting anything important.
- Choose a new outfit – Choosing a new outfit to wear on the first day can help make going back to school more exciting. Even if it is only a new shirt, shoes, etc., a new piece to a wardrobe can make the first day feel more special.
- Set goals – Before the school year starts, make small goals to achieve. This can consist of good grades, understanding concepts better, or completing projects. Creating a standard can help any student stay on track throughout the year. This also ensures you are making the most out of the school year, as you will be working to accomplish these goals.
- Start a planner – If you are someone who needs more of a strict routine when it comes to studying, get a planner and or a large calendar for your room. Start by writing down deadlines, events, and other activities early on. You will build the habit to help you stay on track and make the most of your time throughout the day.
- Visit the new classroom – Whether this means taking your child to see their new classroom to meet their teacher or visit a new lecture hall you’ll have a class in that semester, it is beneficial to acclimate to the new learning environment. This will take away some of the first day jitters of not knowing exactly where to go and what to expect.
- Organize your time – While preparing to get back to school, start by organizing your schedule early. Figure out where you need to be, when you need to be there, and plan accordingly so you’re not scrambling that first day, or week.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is the first and largest franchised moving company in the United States. Let us help move you forward! For more helpful tips and information on moving services subscribe to our blog and like us on Facebook.
One thought on “Top 7 tips for back to school season”
great tips admin, thank you for this article..
have a nice day