-Written by Anna Stephens
While you and your family have been enjoying the summer season, our movers at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® have been helping thousands of people move forward the last few months. There’s no doubt that summer is the busiest time of year to move, but why is that exactly? We’ve assembled a list of 10 summer moving benefits to keep in mind when it comes time to relocate your home.
- School year gap. Moving during the summer lets your kids get settled in their new home without having school on their minds. If you move to a new city, the summer affords the opportunity for the kids (and the adults) to make new friends before the school season begins.
- Sports season gap. You won’t miss out on any football, March Madness, NBA playoffs, or postseason baseball games. Plus, your kids won’t have to pause in the middle of their sports seasons, either.
- No snow or ice. If you live in colder climates, you have the comfort of knowing you won’t slip on ice while moving things out of the home.
- Garage sale season. As you’re packing, throw the items you no longer need into a garage sale pile. It’s an exciting way to start fresh and make a little money. For most areas in the country, the spring and summer months are perfect for having garage sales.
- Social events. Barbecues and outdoor events held in the summer months are easy ways to meet your new neighbors.
- Real estate market timing. Spring and summer months are the best months to list your home based on average rate of sale. Specifically, homes listed during early May and June are sold faster on average than any other months.
- Summer weather. You’ll need to have doors open frequently as you move belongings from your house to the truck, and light summer breezes are completely bearable compared to blustery, winter winds. Depending on where you live, temperatures are somewhat easy to predict and stable. This makes your planning process much easier.
- Work flexibility. Some companies offer more schedule flexibility during the summer, so taking a few days off of work to pack is less of an inconvenience.
- Longer days. More daylight during the summer months means you can get everything checked off your to-do list while it’s still bright outside.
- Renovation time. If you are looking to renovate your new home, that’s much easier to do in the summer. Especially when those renovations are exterior or involve landscaping.
When the time comes for your family to move, let us do the heavy lifting! At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®, we strive to provide our customers with the most excellent customer service and take the stress out of moving, regardless of the season. For your local or long-distance moving needs, reach out to your local franchise for a free estimate today.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is the first and largest franchised moving company in the United States. Follow our blog and like us on Facebook for more helpful moving tips and tricks. Let us help move you forward!