Written by Anna Stephens
At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®, we strive to provide our customers a successful, stress-free, and safe moving day. For these reasons, along with certain rules and regulations, there are a few items that our movers will not move.
We highly recommend speaking to your movers well in advance about the items that you are unsure of in order to avoid any confusion or conflict on your moving day. This way, you’ll have plenty of time to make other arrangements.
Here is a list of items that our movers are not able to transport:
- Any flammable, explosive, or corrosive items: Some items in this category include propane, paint, car batteries, antifreeze, household cleaners, weed killer, and ammunition. Federal law prohibits the transportation of these items, so under no circumstances will it be moved.
- Gasoline-filled engines or machines: Any items that run on gasoline must be emptied prior to move day. Items such as lawnmowers, grills, tractors, or mopeds must be completely empty in order for movers to transport them.
- Any living thing: In order to ensure the safety and well-being of your plants and animals, we do not transport any type of plant or pet, including potted plants.
- Perishable foods: We have banned food from our trucks to prevent rotting, spoiling, or producing odors in the truck.
- Sensitive or sentimental: Items such as cash, jewelry, insurance papers, or birth certificates.
- Prescription drugs: We do not move prescriptions to prevent any emergencies where you may need to access these medications.
We have highlighted these items in our animated video to help you prepare for your successful move. Please watch below to view a detailed list.
It’s important to note that certain franchises may have different policies regarding non-allowable items. For a complete list of items that movers are not able to transport on your moving day, please contact your local TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® office.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is the first and largest franchised moving company in the United States. Let us help move you forward! For more helpful tips and information on moving services subscribe to our blog and like us on Facebook.