Written by Jessy Howe
It’s nearly time to enjoy the long-awaited spring weather once again! With the warm sunshine and flowers beginning to bud, there is nothing worse than coming back inside to space that feels like it could use freshening up! Below is a checklist of spring cleaning to-dos in each room of your home, but before we get to that, here are a few simple tips to help this process run smoothly.
- Do a quick inventory check of your cleaning supplies before beginning your spring cleaning. If you find you’re out of paper-towels or running low on Windex, make a list and head to the store.
- Consider investing in a cleaning caddy. These are inexpensive and can be found at most stores. They are convenient not only for carrying supplies through the house while you clean, but also to provide an organized storage place for your items.
- I find it is easiest to work on one room at a time. Jumping around the house from room to room allows for distraction, tasks not being completed, and results in spending much more time cleaning then necessary.
- Due to the amount of deep cleaning that is done during the “spring cleaning cleanse”, remember it is okay if not everything is completed at once. Spread your tasks out between two days to avoid feeling overwhelmed or simply take breaks between rooms.
- During this time, I also gather unused items and put them in either a donation bin, or storage spot for garage sale items come summer. Since I am already going room to room deep cleaning, it is easy to lump this into my spring cleaning routine.
Now on to the list. As mentioned, I find it most efficient to clean one room at a time so naturally tasks are separated in this fashion. Of course depending on where you live or if you reside in a house versus an apartment, the list may vary from person to person, but hopefully it will serve as a good starting guide when you begin your spring cleaning!
If you have any spring cleaning tips we’d love to hear them! For more cleaning tips and tricks, head on over to our Pinterest page or like us on Facebook. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is the first and largest franchised moving company in the United States. Let us help move you forward!