At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®/INTERNATIONAL, Inc. growth is not expected and certainly not taken for granted. Growth is thoughtfully planned, purposefully funded, and aggressively executed. 2013 was an outstanding year for franchise revenue growth among established locations; it was also a notable period for franchise development, specifically related to the record number of franchises added to the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® footprint.
The company ended 2013 with 18.8 percent growth over 2012, with revenues exceeding $310,000,000. This significant progress follows the upward trend of 31 consecutive months of double-digit growth, 33 being historical records. Additionally, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® expanded into three states – Oregon, Maryland, Virginia – and into the District of Columbia.
Top 2013 milestones include:
• Market growth: A result of heavy investment, the brand leveraged a new market opportunity and opened locations in Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.
• Job growth: The successful launch of the inaugural TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Career Move Month focused on securing 10,000 new applicants into the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® system while showcasing the organization offers much more than a job – a lifelong career. This effort added more than 600 employees in April alone.
• Corporate office growth: TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® announced the receipt of a $355,000 grant from the Michigan Strategic Fund to support its $7,000,000 investment in corporate office expansion by 20,000 square feet.
• Brand growth: Career Move Month garnered national attention for creating jobs in a challenging economic climate. New recruits were featured on Fox & Friends.
• Charitable giving growth: TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®’s Movers for Moms® program, which provides gifts for moms living in shelters on Mother’s day, collected more than 210,000 items. The brand’s signature cause marketing effort increased 2012’s donation total by nearly 90,000 items.
• Capacity growth: To keep up with increased demand, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® locations added more than 400 trucks to fleets across the country.
This year promises to be another period of multi-facted growth. Fourteen new franchise locations are slated to open in the first quarter alone, and important investments in technology and talent will be keystones in its 2014 story, along with a grand opening of the corporate office’s new expansion taking place mid-year. And lastly, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® looks forward to completing the 5 millionth move the spring of 2014!
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is the first and largest franchised moving company in the United States. Let us help move you forward! For more helpful tips and information on moving services subscribe to our blog and like us on Facebook.
One thought on “Trucks, Talent & Tech: Growing the Brand”
Exciting and heartwarming to see wonderfully talented people striving, thriving and giving back.