Written by: Nick
Within your home exists a growing danger; a threat to your peace and well-being. It silently increases size while you choose to completely ignore it. Residing in the darkest and least memorable corner of your home, it waits for you to walk past and obliviously feed it. Words cannot describe its appearance … luckily, I captured one on film for you.
If you are like me, there’s a corner in your basement that’s a hangout for all things lost and forgotten. We conveniently call this slice of wasteland “storage space” and are cautious our guests remain unaware of its existence. If you aren’t careful, it could turn into some hideous creature from a Stephen King novel. But wait, don’t get the flamethrower out just yet … I have a solution for you.
Hear me out … the only actual storage taking place here happens when you throw things into the plethora of cardboard boxes left behind from your move-in date. So the only solution is to do something with these boxes (other than igniting them).
I’ve started listing ways to reuse these boxes. If you have any other ideas, let me know … I have a basement to clean.
1. Use leftover cardboard as a backing frame for a poster or photograph
2. Use smaller boxes to grow indoor plants
3. Create an arcade and receive a scholarship from a private donor (seriously)
4. Hang the cardboard on a wall at your next party and let friends draw on it
5. Two words: BOX FORT!!!!!
6. Build a lemonade stand
7. Build a box drum set
8. Can’t beat the summer heat? Cool off your car while you’re away by placing unfolded boxes on your windshield.
9. Place boxes flat on the pavement and teach yourself how to break-dance.
10. Do you have a leaky vehicle that creates a mess in your garage? Place a section of the box under the leak to contain the spill (and then take it into the shop!).
Oh, and here’s a secret for you: we “may or may not” be giving away cash prizes for people who can reuse boxes in the most … interesting ways. Tweet us @TwoMenAndATruck for more information.
NOW GO FORTH AND CONQUER YOUR CLUTTER!